Monday 10 January 2011

Happy New Year! Where did that last one go...?


Greetings friend!

Well, here we are in the year of our Lord 2011 - which to be honest sounds a bit too bloody Science Fiction for my tastes (BTW where oh where do we get them all in one white LYCRA suits they said we'd all be wearing? Although I have seen something similar in Primark that might do the job but I'm just not sure if it's me...)

So, 2010 went by in a bit of a whirl what with a baby appearing and all that but I have done the odd 'ARTY ' thing - including one paid job which is nice! Of course, that was a bit of a do and I aim to explain why at some point...

Here is a piece of work completed at some point during the Summer and is the latest in a long line of 'Portfolio pieces' that never seem to get shown to anyone...

I have been planning to do a series of paintings based on a section of Bulgakov's The Master & Margarita for quite a while but I decided to try to make a start on some in pencil (with some photoshopped collage-y stuff)...

Here is an idea for a cover:




While here is one based on the section when all the corpses start to pour out of Hell's fireplace and get done up to meet old Mags at the top of the staircase:




...it really is a good book so give it a go if you get a chance!



No comments: